important shit

Friday 11 January 2013

Day 221 Breathing Part 18 and Speed Reading




I got a shit ton of information to go through for the 2 law courses I am taking and I figure this is a great opportunity to teach myself how to speed read. I've read a little bit about speed reading and there is a couple points that jumped out at me as like woah.

1)It's not necessary to verbalize words aloud in my head...it takes longer to read by saying each word  in my head. (not saying each word as I read it is some what of a challenge...as I'm noticing that I just kind of react and repeat the words when reading by saying them in my head...like even though I have just made a point of not saying words alound in my head..it seems as though I have ingrained this pattern where I react to words in my reading and see the word and than say the word in my head before moving to the next word. I recognize the fact that I am able to read much faster without saying  each word to myself in my head. Also, I have demonstrated to myself that I am able to read without speaking words in my head as I read.)


2) Read with a pointer-using the pointer to follow along with the words...and move the pointer faster than you think you are able to read...you can actually read faster than you think you can.


Also, I see this learning exercise as assitance and support and facilitating effective breathing...and effective breathing facilitating effective speed reading....like the effectiveness of my breathing awareness may correlate with my ability to speed read.

Some self forgiveness to assist with developing effectiveness with speed reading:

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing msyelf for having doubted in the past my ability to commit to the challenge of learning to speed read.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having spited myself in the past as like starting to learn to speed read and then deciding out of spite that I enjoy to read slowly verus's fast.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having created a preference towards reading slowly out of spite of having to work harder so to speak as like moving myself wuicker in order to speed read...as speed reading is more engaging so to speak...as like I am really immersed within and as the reading.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that I cant not verbalize each word while reading.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for reacting to reactions as verbalizing some of the words as I learn to speed read.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for getting annoyed with the fact that I am not able to speed read in a way where I just process everything super fast instantiously as like just simply lloking at a page of text and done woalla, I got it.

I forgive myself for taking it personally that I verbalize some of the words while learning to speed read.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for focusing on the negative when learning new skills...as like making the learning difficult as like ugh this is so hard because I see is negative and taking the experience of not getting something personally as like putting self down and not feeling good.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for believing that I am just a slow reader and that I will always be a pretty slow reader.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for desiring to be a fast reader.

I forgive mysel for accepting and allowing myself to rush within reading as like wanting and desiring to get through texts as quick as possible.

I forgive myself for not realising that establishing rythym as timing and coordination in breathing can act as a gude/trust in enabling ability to be effective in speed reading.

I forgive msyself for accepting and allowing myself for doubting my pateince, discipline and self determination in teaching myself how to be effective at speed reading.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for questioning the simplicity in learning to speed read.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking the abilitiy to speed read is like some great profound magical mystery as like an act of wizzardry.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for reacting within reading as like taking the words I am reading personally.

I forgive myself for not realising the point of support wihtin reading as a mirror reflection in facing myself and the nature of me as living words....and that where there is reaction in me to words...reveals a gift as an opportunity to walk self correction and purifiy vocabulary.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for dismissing words I dont't know and understand without taking the step to direct myself to a dictionary for clarifaction in specifics of word definitions.

I realise I am able and capable to develop great effectiveness as a speed reader.

I realise breathing will assist and support effectiveness as a speed reader....as breathing is always a point of assistance and support.

I realise the ridiculousness of focusing on reactions as like being triggered by words is ridiculous,,,and at the same time provides an opportunity as a means of purifying my vocabulary as equalizing my words so as to remove the conflict and friction I was holding within the words as charges I was placing/holding against myself.

I commit myself to use words as a means of assistance and support here to enhance practical living here.

I commit myself to becoming effective as a speed reader.

I commit myself to letting go of reactions as judgements about my reading abilities as I push myself to expand/enhance my reading abilities.

I commit myself to living breath as means of self directing reading in a way that is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment