important shit

Sunday 4 November 2012

Day 155 Why Does the Chicken Cross the Road?






Why did the chicken cross the road?

Common Answer: To get to the other side.

What is the other side? Death

Lets look at the question/joke again:
Why did the CHICKEN cross the road?
ANSWER: BECAUSE THE CHICKEN WAS TIRED OF BEING A CHICKEN.

The Chicken was at the cross roads as like being at the precipice of death and the Chicken was unable to live as long as he was a chicken and feared facing death. So, the Chicken went where the Chicken feared going. In doing so the Chicken  is no more a Chicken because self willed movement is a reflection of transcendence of self imposed limitation as fear as like resistance to moving one self.

The Chicken was a coward.  A Coward does not go anywhere because a coward hides.



The point of  sharing,  "Why does the Chicken Cross the Road?" is because it is an example/analogy/illustration/metaphor for each of us here as process of transformation from impossible to possible as self perfection as the release of self imposed limitation.


My brother Christopher Shared this point with me this evening and he said he was thinking about it the other night and he thought I would appreciate it more than most people.


Christopher shared this point with me after I pushed myself to let my mother know how much I appreciate her cooking.  I told her that I had expressed my gratitude and gratefulness for living under her roof and eating her food/cooking. I had expressed my appreciation of my mother's cooking to pretty much everyone I met this someone while travelling around this summer working as a tree planter, oil labourer, and water and sewer systems labourer.

I also told my Mom that I met a guy who was offered a similar deal from his mother.  The deal being that if he completed his university his mother would pay for it.

This is the deal I made with my Mother and Father. Come live under their roof with free room and board and complete my university undergraduate degree in Law. And upon completion of my studies, my parents will reimburse me my tuition costs.

The dude I met this summer started the deal last fall/winter with his Mother.

I started the deal last fall with my parents.

The dude decided to stop the deal with his Mother and continue to work through the fall making a fairly good salary.  So good of a salary that if he worked all year round his salary would be around 100 K in Canadian Dollars.

The dude had a lot more school to do than me. He was basically just starting university and was on a part time basis as a mature student needing to prove that he was capable of getting good grades with a part time course load before he would be accepted to full time studies.

The dude let go of his university education deal with his mother as he realised he did not need his university education in order to support himself here effectively.

The dude will make about 50-60 K in candaian dollars from may till december. The dude will then take resisdence in Revelstoke British Columbia and get a ski pass to the mountain with the biggest vertical in North America.

The dude will investigate property/real estate as a future investment.  The dude will be living in a house with 2 potential property/real estate partners who are aslo quite capable of making lots of money as physical labourers.

I had a tough decision to make this fall.

I could take the same route as my brother from another mother aka the dude.  It's interesting to look at the moves he make because I facilitated him in the decisions he made. I mean it was all his decision making....he had just listened to me talk about the awesomeness of living close to the mountain and the greatness of skiing and snowboarding as like beiing soooooooooooooooo much fun...and that to have the opportunity to do it everyday throughout the winter is a real gift/treat.

I decided to stick with the commitments I had already made. Return to my parents house in Ottawa Canada and say good bye to the big mountains of western Canada. I have 2 law courses to complete in order to receive my undergraduate degree.  I will be starting my university courses in December.

I had also commited myself to performing stand up comedy at open mics in Ottawa Canada.

I had also made a commitment to stand as a pillar of support for my girfriend Treaegan and to walk with her no matter what.

I had considered bailing on Tegan and squashing the deal I made with my parents.

I realized I had no choice and that the apparent choice I was creating for myself was the illusion and tempation to say fuck it and disregard my words that I had previously spoken.

I really really  really really really like to ski and snowboard! I will get the opportunity to ski and snowboard in the ottawa area...well quebce...which is quite near to ottawa.....the snow conditions here are inferior to the snow conditions of revelstoke bc.

I will have the opportunity here to upgrade my ski and snowboard teaching credentials and I will be able to teach skiing and maybe snowboarding as part time employment.

I will have the opportunity to share some time with my girlfriend Tegan.

I will have the opportunity to share some time with my dog Daisy.

I will have the opportunity to share some time with fellow Destonian's Adrian Blackburn, William Cuff and Anton Fernando.

I will have the opportunity to release any family mind constructs that I am still holding on to.

I will have the oppoortunity to perform stand up comedy at open mic's in ottawa as like a tree planter spreading seeds of awesomeness as self realisations through exposing behaviour patterns of accepted and allowed ridiculousness and the solutions as like the paths I've carved as self realisations as walking self corrections as self perfection.

I will have the opportunity to share time with my brothers Christopher, David and Robert. I have already had the opportunity to play hockey with Christopher and David. This opportunity to play hockey with my brothers will continue.

I have the opportunity to commit myself to daily blogging and vlogging.


I realise there is lots of opportunities available in walking decisions as, "what's best for all life... is best for me too!"

I realise I am grateful and fortunate for the opportunities presented here.

I realise great responsibility comes with great fortune....and that great fortune comes with great responsibilty.

I realise myself as grateful fortunate being here walking process as a love of labour that seems never ending and isn't all that comfortable as I use resistance and compassion as my road map and compass in facilitating a world that is best for all life here.

When and as I see myself accepting and allowing myself wanting to give up on my commitments....I stop and I breathe and I allow myself to realise as a knowing that my uncomfortability is an indication that I pushing resistance as a being committed to full time physical labor as process of equality and oneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment