important shit

Friday 15 February 2013

Day 254 Self Interest Investigation




I'm gonna start with some definitions of self interest that I pulled off google:

Self Interest:

opportunism: taking advantage of opportunities without regard for the consequences for others.
 
1.Selfish or excessive regard for one's personal advantage
2. Personal advantage or interest.
 
Noun 1. self-interest - taking advantage of opportunities without regard for the consequences for others
selfishness - stinginess resulting from a concern for your own welfare and a disregard of others
2. self-interest - concern for your own interests and welfare
trait - a distinguishing feature of your personal nature
 
 
Ok, so I've been asking myself how do I exist not from the starting pont of self interest? Or is it that I have to re-align self interest as all Life inclusive...so that when I say self it's not exclusive?
 
I've been considering the following point:
 
 Self interest from the perspective of what's best for me is best for everyone as I take care of myself I take care of everyone else.
 
In re-reading above statement I see there is possibility of lack of consideration and care.
 
statement would be best re-phrased as:
 
Self interest from the perspective of what's best for everyone is best for me as I take care of everyone because everyone takes care of me, as we are all interdependant beings here.
 
Therefore it is in my best interest to give as I like to receive because the care I give, I also receive.
 
 
 
I'm writing about self interest because I'm looking to give myself clarity within myself with regards
to what I have accepted and allowed within myself with specific regards to self interest.
 
Writing myself out here as like investigating my insides as I pour out words as my acceptances and
allowances.
 
I've been studying law and within law there is lots of mention and focus how the laws are based in
protecting and preserving self interest...as individual autonomy is seen as the result of self interest.
 
I never considered that our laws reflect our being here as independent individuals with free choice....when in fact no being existing here is independent because we are all dependent upon each other,
nature, etc...
 
We are independent as a group collective here as earth...one planet
 
Where am I going with what I am saying? I'm making point about Law. Within our legal system we exist as separate entities that are not recognized as part of a total interconnectedness....like for
example separate legal persons...although there's some question of connectedness as children are not regarded as legal persons due to their age and therfore have legal guardians/parent.  The word Legal Guardian is kind of funny....because it seems to signify legal protection/protector/enforcer......
 
So Legal system should be rather simplistic shouldn't it? From the best perspective, Yes, legal
system should be simplistic. Why is legal system complicated? Starting point of self interest. There
exists misalignment within legal system with regards to best interest of ourselves here.
 
I had been examining the question, "why is it that new laws are created every year?"
 
I came to an answer today: Fear
 
Our legal system is complex because we as independent beings here believe we are free to choose
whatever fears we like....and it's our individual private self interest mentality as separate from the
actuality of ourselves as an interdependent transparent collective bargaining agreement individuals
here without the choice of fear.
 
More laws created reflects disharmony and fear...it's like fear corelates to complexity as the whole
spectrum of feeling and emotion represents absurd ridiculousness.
 
 
To be Continued
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment