important shit

Monday 24 June 2013

Day 378 Take a Cold Shower

Day 378 Take a Cold Shower





Along while ago I realized the therapeutic benefits of hot and cold temperatures. For a while I would make sure to finish my shower with some cold water…or at least do good for a bit of time and then back to warm or hot. I got out of that routine within the thinking of “I don’t feel like experiencing the cold right now”

Whenever I direct myself to embracing the cold water, I feel great…it is always a very relaxing experience.

Sometime there is resistance within myself to embracing the cold water…as like “ah the waters cold and I’m warm”

What’s funny about this is that today I noticed that the cold reaction seems to come from a part of my body that is not directly touching the cold water.  I will investigate this point further.

Why I’m writing about this topic is because I’d like to change my pattern of just sometimes embracing the cold water within having a shower…as I see valuable support within utilizing both the hot and the cold water.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for suppressing the utilization of cold water within having a shower as like a way to assist and support my body with relaxation.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for neglecting supporting my body with cold water every time I have a shower.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for deeming the hot water to be more important than the cold water and for creating a preference towards hot water.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for knowing how awesome utilizing cold water within having a shower is for my body support and deliberately negating the point of utilizing cold water because of thoughts/thinking/feeling, I don’t feel like it right now.

When and as I see myself thinking that I don’t want to embrace the cold water today, I stop and breathe and I realise the awesome physical body support I give myself within utilizing and embracing cold water within having a shower.

When and as I see myself getting out of the shower without giving myself the opportunity to embrace cold water within having a shower, I stop and breathe and I turn the shower on with cold water.

I commit myself to utilizing cold water within having showers as a point of physical body nourishing support.

I commit myself to making the habit of always embracing the cold.


I commit myself to enjoying cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment