important shit

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Day 151 Oral Hygiene Negligence




So I went to the dentist today. I had not been to the dentist in a few years. I booked an appointment because I was aware of the fact that I have been negligent with my oral hygiene.  I've always had pretty good teeth...mind you since I was a young child I would see the dentist every six months. I kind of took going to the dentist for granted.

Today I was faced with the brutal truth that I have chosen to be negligent with my teeth. Specifically flossing...like that has been basically non existent within my life...and I guess it's because since I was a child it was something I avoided most of the time because I never experienced a consequence for not doing it...as like the dentist would always tell me to do it...and sometimes I would lie and say I was doing it and they'd be like good job and other times I would say I wasnt and they would tell me that it's important and that I should do it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to neglect oral hygiene as like regularly flossing and brushing my teeth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for dismissing the importance of flossing and brushing my teeth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that flossing is unnecessary work that does not have any realy benefits unless there is something I can feel that is stuck in my teeth and I want/need to get it out.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for creating resistance to brushing and flossing my teeth when I was a child and I forgive myself for not realising that I have accepted and allowed resistance to brushing and flossing my teeth as like a means of avoiding labor/work/chores.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for resisting to do regular work on myself as like physical body maintenance and upkeep.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having not placed any importance on brushing  my teeth several times a day and flossing a few times a day.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that I can just maintain excellent oral hygeine with my tongue.

I forgive myself for not considering the starting point of why I felt like I could just maintain excellence dental hygiene with my tongue and some brushing here and there because I was looking to justify limmiting the amount of work that is necessary.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for creating negative emotions about flossing and brushing my teeth 2 to 3 times a day regularly.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be neglectful with brushing and flossing 2-3 times daily.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that if I manage to brush my teeth once a day that is sufficient and that if I don't brush today and I brush tomorow that is still pretty good and that as long as I still use a tooth brush from time to time I am good.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing a ridiculous attitude about brushing and flossing my teeth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having justified not being able to brush my teeth when I am living in the bush working as a tree planter.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having made excuses that it's tough for me to brush my teeth as much as I do when I am living in the city as when I am camping  in the bush in remote locations.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for disregarding the self discipline within and as a basic self responsibility within and as basic physical body nourishment and support.

I realise the ridiculousness of my sharing here.

I realise I had created specific attitudes about flossing and brushing my teeth a long time ago and that I was just playing out my acceptances and allowances as like a programmed robot.

I realise I am capable and able to brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and that I am capable of flossing my teeth 2-3 times a day.

I realise that I am fortunate that my teeth and gums are in pretty good shape.

I realise that now is the opportunity to self perfect my attitude towards oral hygiene.

I realise I've been kind of gross by deliberatley neglecting to brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and for deliberately dismissing regular use of floss.

I realise brushing and flossing regulary are small acts that accumulate bit by bit over time into the maintenance of excellence oral hygiene.

When and as I see myself accepting and allowing myself to not want to brush or floss my teeth when the point opens up as an opportunity for me to do so...I stop and I breathe and I allow myself to brush and floss my teeth and nourish the well being of myself as oral hygiene.

I commit myself to developing excellent discipline within the maintenance of oral hygiene.

I commit myself to exposing the ridiculousness of neglecting oral hygiene.



No comments:

Post a Comment