important shit

Saturday 28 September 2013

Day 466 Reacting to Criticism






The point came up today where I was criticized for something I was doing, and I reacted defensively, being offended by the tonality of the criticism coming at me.

I realised I reacted to the point of criticism and the criticism was actually pretty cool support. What bothered me was the tonality of the person speaking.

A similar situation happened later that day with the same individual, and I allowed myself to be bothered by their mood, getting defensive and returning some offensive marks from the point of reacting within myself.

I realise it is ridiculously absurd for me to take anyone's emotions or feelings personally.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for limmitting my ability to hear and receive support.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having difficulty taking supportive criticism when a being is speaking to me from within a starting point of frustration, irritation, agitation.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for projecting blame towards the being giving me criticism,

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to mimic the emotional projection that was directed at me, back at the person who initiated emotion within their tonality.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for spiting myself and another within mimicking behaviour that I do not think is acceptable behaviour and it is not how I would like to be treated.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for justifying treating another being not how I would like to be treated because they treated me in a way that I would not like to be treated.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for being self righteous within my handling of the situations.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not realising and understanding the necessity in creating a self corrective script of support for myself after the first criticism happened where I had a reaction.  I realise and understand that, even though in a moment when I understand why and how a situation played out....that it is still a cool point of support as a a means of prevention being the best cure, for me to create a script as an effective remedy for handling a similar experience in the future, as like creating the necessary insurance for myself to not repeat a patterned behavior of self imposed limitation.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to victimize myself within reaction to the tonality in which I was spoken too.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not slowing myself down with breath in the moment the reaction came up within myself.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for immediately going into defense mode as like ready to fight.

When and as I see someone is agitated/frustrated/annoyed/angry with me, I stop and breathe, I realise and understand that taking the emotions personally is not going to assist and support myself in practically dealing with the situation. I direct myself to listen to the being speaking, without taking offense to their emotion, and I allow myself to direct the situation with common sense.

When and as I see myself being tempted to react with emotions, I stop and breathe and I realise and understand that my ability to learn and expand myself is compromised within choosing to have emotional reactions.  I direct myself to see what it is I can learn from the situation.

When and as I see myself on the verge of projecting projecting an emotional tonality towards another, I stop and breathe, I realise and understand that this is not how I would like to be treated, I realise and understand that it is not cool for me to behave in ways that I would not like to be treated, regardless if I am being treated in ways that I would not like to be treated.

I commit myself to treating others with my words how I like to be treated with words.

I commit myself to not taking offense to people's tonality.

I commit myself to creating a self-corrective script immediately after I realise a pattern I wish to prevent from happening in the future.

I commit myself to stop verbally abusing people.

I commit myself to assisting and supporting the diffusion of emotional reactions by embracing all emotional reactions projected at me and not taking the emotional projections personally.

I commit myself to stop allowing emotions/feelings to influence my stability.


I realise and understand that I will be tested many, many , many times to make sure I stop accepting and allowing myself to be influenced by emotions and feelings.

I realise and understand the ridiculous absurdity of accepting and allowing myself to mimic behaviour that I realise and understand is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself  to participate within behaviour I realise and understand to be unacceptable.

When and as I see myself about to participate within behaviour that I realise and understand to be unacceptable and not to be tolerated, I stop and breathe, I direct myself to smile, as I realise and understand I just stopped myself from accepting and allowing myself to tolerate abuse within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment