important shit

Monday 4 November 2013

Day 501 Cell Phone Obsession





So lately I've noticed how I have been in the habit of quite religiously checking my phone for messages and emails. Like often I would do this before I get going on a particular priority/task/obligation that I am about to begin focusing on. What I noticed within myself is that this meticulously checking of my phone for new information has come from within a starting point of distraction and interference.  Like, I've accepted and allowed myself to look for distractions from getting right into commitments.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for looking for distractions within my day.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for compromising my living daily priorities within the starting point of looking for distractions as possible escapes from daily priorities.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thirsting for new information to distract me and keep me entertained for a moment as like a way for me to just put off physically moving myself within priorities/commitments.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not realising and understanding how it is unnecessary for me to be meticulously checking my phone for updates, emails, and messages...that for the most part I am not missing out on anything and that by giving myself a specific allocation of time to check these things...I do not have to be constantly thinking about checking these things...and I see that I can be more effective in managing my time and priorities.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for fearing to miss out on the newest information.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for fearing consequence of not being up to date on the latest news and information.

I forgive myself for obsessing over receiving information.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for creating a habit out of constantly checking my phone throughout the day.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for judging myself for constantly checking my phone.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for desiring to receive new messages on my phone.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not realising and understanding how much time I utilize within the day just kind of messing around on my phone, because I started looking at my phone from a a starting point of looking for a distraction/escape from getting started on a particular priority committed responsibility.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for compromising myself within daily living priorities.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for justifying resistances within myself.


When and as I see myself looking for a distraction/escape from a particular priority/obligation/responsibility/commitment, I stop and breathe, I physically move myself into action/participation into and as the point I resisted going into.  I commit myself to focusing on the task at hand. I realise and understand that the resistance that comes up is like a form of interference that is created in my mind and is not not valid reasoning for me to not participate within physical decision to perform specific task.

When and as I see myself thinking that I should just look at my phone before I begin something, I stop and breath, I direct myself to let go of the point of checking my phone before I begin doing something. I get started within the particular point of focused attention.  I realise and understand the practicality of focused attention.

When and as I see myself wondering if someone left a message, I stop and breathe, I stay focused on the physical task I am engaged within, I realise thoughts that just pop up in a moment within my mind are a distraction to my physical participation here, and that I do not jump on trains of thought.

When and as I experience myself desiring to check my phone, I stop and breathe, I realise this desire coming up within me as a point of distraction from what I am physically participating within in the moment, and that the phone point is an escape/distraction presented to me by my mind.

I commit myself to stop indulging in distractions/interference's within my mind.

I commit myself to stop meticulously checking my phone for messages.

I commit myself to stop using my phone as a point of escape/distraction for physical movement priorities/responsibilities/tasks/obligations.

I commit myself to staying focused within physical movement priorities.

I commit myself to stop looking to escape physical movement responsibilities/priorities within my day by entertaining thoughts of distraction/escape.


No comments:

Post a Comment