important shit

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 503 Too Young, Too Old





Check this cool link, "Too Young, Too Old."

A specific memory comes up within me upon listening to the recording Too Young, Too Old.

I remember having been early into my tree planting career and having the thoughts that I can carry a lot of weight using my back and shoulder muscles because I am young and therefore I don't have to worry about trying to carry more weight with my legs.

The point I'm getting at here, is that typically older people who would be tree planting, and even many younger people wouldn't carry so much weight on there backs and shoulders.

I justified that carrying a heavy amount would motivate me to plant faster....because I would want to drop the weight as quick as possible.

I ignored the point that peoples leg muscles are generally stronger than there back and shoulder muscles.

I was stubborn and I just wanted to do it my way, believing that I'm young and my body can handle it.


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to ignore the suggestions of older people within the starting point of believing that I am not like them and I'll be the exception to the rule.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for recognizing that older people  use to be just like me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for believing my body to be more special than older people's bodies were when they were younger.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that it's OK to deliberately work my body extra hard when I am young because I am young.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that my body can handle whatever.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having the attitude that I am invincible within my body.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having resisted to adequately prepare myself prior to the beginning of a tree planting season.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having always avoided any pre-season training for the physical activities that I engage within.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having had the idea that I don't need to stretch because I am young.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having created a belief that stretching before hockey wasn't cool and because I am young and strong I don't need to stretch.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for regarding myself as being like a bear where I go from extreme physical activity to virtually no physical activity and than back to extreme physical activity.  I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not considering my body within stopping and starting extreme physical activity.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for resisting strength training exercises to enhance and prepare me for tree planting and skiing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for neglecting to follow the summer workout training program that was provided for me when I was playing university hockey.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for creating the attitude that strength training for particular activities isn't for me because I don't think that is as fun as playing the activities and I would rather just play/do things that I think are fun.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for judging strength training as not fun.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for self-sabotaging myself within neglecting to strength training conditioning.


I commit myself to utilizing stretching and strength training as a point of physical body support.

I commit myself to regarding my physical body within physical activities.

I commit myself to take care of my physical body and adequately prepare my body for extreme physical activity.

I commit myself to listening to older people as a point of assistance and support.

I commit myself to sharing my realizations with younger people.

I commit myself to sharing my realizations with older people.

I commit myself to listen to my body

I commit myself to stop hibernating my body away from physical activity for weeks at a time.

I commit myself to supporting my body with regular physical exercise.








No comments:

Post a Comment