important shit

Thursday 7 November 2013

Day 504 "You're a Mouth Breather"





So, I was at the dentist yesterday and the point came up with the dentist where she said to me, "You're a mouth breather"....I then apologized to her, saying oh sorry, ....and she was like why are you apologizing...and I figured I must of been really breathing in her face with my mouth. She then went on to explain how my gums were a little bit inflamed, which she said often result from being a mouth breather...specifically happening as a result of sleeping and breathing though your mouth...and the consequence of this being that your mouth/gums get kinda dried out....like they don't stay as moist as if the mouth was closed and the breathing was done through the nose. She also said that people who breath through the mouth often feel that there not getting enough air if they are breathing through the mouth...like there nasal passage air way isn't
 big enough. I said to her, So i should work on breathing through my nose...and she was kinda of like well no you cant really just do that...I was like I might as well just make the switch...and she was kind of hesitant/resistant in thinking that that this is not possible for me to do. I asked her If I should just go and get hypnotized so that I am breathe through my nose the majority of the time as opposed to my mouth.  She suggested I practice deep breathing within yoga or something like that.

It's interesting that when I give attention to my breathing, I generally direct my breath inward through my nose.

I've been playing with the point of breathing for about a day with regards to keeping my mouth completely closed a lot more. It's been a cool point of support for me. I'm going to continue playing with this point, I am experiencing like I have greater mouth awareness and breathing awareness just by making the effort to keep my mouth closed.

Some self-forgiveness with regards to this point:

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself fro thinking that it is not possible for me to change the nature of the way I breathe.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for believing once a mouth breather always a mouth breather.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for considering the possibility that it would be just too difficult for me to do the majority of my breathing through my nose.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for considering to not challenge myself within the point of keeping my mouth closed more and breathing through my nose.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for worrying about my gums.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for judging myself for having just kept my mouth open so much.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for being upset that I have conditioned myself to keep my mouth open most of the time as like believing that I need to breathe through my mouth and that my breathing through my nose is just not sufficient enough.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for reacting to the point of breathing here as like what the fuck,,why wasn't I informed about the consequences of breathing predominantly through my mouth when I was very little.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking and looking to project blame upon my parents as like the way I breathe being their fault because they did not educate me in breathing through my nose.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for reacting within blame as like a way of deflecting self-responsibility.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for thinking that the way I breathe is just the way I am and that there's nothing I can really do about the way I breathe.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not realising and understanding the opportunity for self expression within and as the way I direct my breathing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for being so unaware of the extent of how I breathe.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for not realizing health side effects as a result of ineffective breathing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing msyelf for thinking that I don't have to really give attention to the way I breathe, that my body just does it naturally.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for resisting to be here within and as awareness of my every breath.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that it is just too difficult fofr me to be totally aware of my breathing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for having separated my awareness from my breathing.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for taking breathing for granted.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for doubting my ability to become the director of my breathing here in every moment.

I commit myself to studying the point of breathing with my mouth closed.

I commit myself to test out the point of breathing through my nose.

I commit myself to breath awareness.

I commit myself to directing my breathing.

I commit myself to learning to be here as breath awareness in every moment.

I commit myself to express myself through breathing.

I commit myself to birth self expression through and as the direction of my breathing.

I commit myself to realizing and understanding that breathing is the starting point for everything that I do within my physical body here.

I commit myself to playing with my breathing.

I commit myself to becoming a master breather.

I commit myself to becoming a professional breather. lol.

I commit myself to making a point of keeping my mouth closed more often.

I commit myself to investigating myself through breathing.

When and as I see that I just have my mouth open and I didn't direct myself to open my mouth, I close my mouth and breathe through my nose.

When and as I think to myself that I'm not interested in making a commitment to investigate keeping my mouth closed when I am not speaking and breathe through my nose, I stop and breathe through my nose and I close my mouth.

2 comments:

  1. Cool point Mike, the nose is quite practical also as it functions as a filter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Blog! I actually observed, that I breathe through my mouth while sleeping and that it feels dry and uncomfortable. Will practice some nose-breathing - thanks for sharing M.

    ReplyDelete